Monday, September 10, 2012

2012-09-10_Corn Crib & Cooking

SO Much Fun........That's all I can say.  I have so much fun whenever Fit Bodies peeps get together.  I had so much fun this past weekend competing at the Corn Crib.
Fit Bodies was well represented all over the podium.  :) The results are on The Body Compounds facebook page, but in short out of the 12 teams that climbed onto the podium, 4 of them were from Fit Bodies. WOOHOO :) We are getting so strong as a gym, and that makes it that much more fun to do these competitions.  Can't wait for the new space and more room.....

The downside, I'm sore.  Oh wow, Have not been this sore in a long time, my quads and triceps feel like jell-o.

Well, we are into week 2 of the 21 day detox :) and have found lots of awesome new recipes to try.  Last week we had the old reliables of chicken fingers, jambalaya, and home made mayo for deviled eggs.

Now this week we are branching out and getting a little crazy...

Last night I made Caveman chili but swapped out the turkey for beef, because we just bought 1/2 a cow.  yeah, that's a lot of meat.  Had to go buy a deep freezer to hold it all......Also we added mushrooms.


Then tonight we made Buffalo Chicken Casserole  THANKS Caroline for hooking me up with this awesomeness, we just didn't include the blue cheese obviously.....  I'll probably make this a weekly meal.

And to top it off we made Poppers

 Those were awesome.  Bacon, Guac, and peppers, can't get much better than that.  right?

Anyway, looking forward to this week at the gym and then my 10 year reunion this weekend.  Looking forward to seeing everyone from highschool again.  And to watch the Blue Devils play at Flynn Stadium.....I wonder if they will let me down into the locker room.  I guess i'll just have to try and go and see if I get stopped.  


Remember that sweat is just weakness leaving the body.....

But
Puke & Rally!

No comments:

Post a Comment